Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Revisiting Old Work With New Ideas (Continued)

After two failed drawings attempting to render...wait for it, a cyclops - I have some how managed to create a 2nd drawing. My daughter gave me a revelation; 'if you are drawing (something that fantastical / Imaginary) you can draw it how you want' . Bang. So yeah, if I draw an elephant / human basketball player I really can make the characteristics and proportions work for me, I can draw it how I want. I think a reference to the laws of perspective and proportion is necessary, but I have really been too hung up on that in my most recent attempts to get back into drawing. It just took one amazing person (who also came up with the idea for the team name) to point it out.
I drew this picture outdoors and the spectacular natural light allowed me to take a decent photo or two through out the process.

To really stay on this course, I need to go to what I know. I really think it is important to maintain the principal of setting rules for myself when undertaking drawings because this has worked well for me in the past. So...

• These drawings must relate to an animal or an anthropomorphic version there of.
• The individual should be wearing an older style basket ball uniform and related apparel.
• The individual must belong to a team.

It feels good to draw like this again. Lets see how it goes. Stay tuned.








No comments:

Post a Comment