Sunday, April 21, 2013

Revisiting old work with new ideas

Several years Ago I contributed a sketchbook to The Sketchbook Project. It was hastily finished with not too much of the book completed. But I liked the work I did in that book, especially the 'All Forest 1981' concept. This was an idea that amalgamated my love of drawing forest animals and penchant old school basketball NBA / ABA uniforns from the 1950's upto the 1990's. I have been looking for a reprieve from the difficulties I have been facing drawing the very involving Lincoln Moon Zombie War, and trying to enjoy drawing again and have fun with it all. This drawing kind of came from that, a need to 'stretch my legs' creatively and remind myself why a drawing is so much fun to create. This gives me a starting point. How many I will do in this series I really don't know. Maybe one more, hopefully at least three or so. I really just want to get back into the swing of it. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment